There is a good chance you have heard of the TV
show “Sex Sent me to the ER”. I’m actually watching it as I write this and wow, it’s amazing what people do! They start with good intentions but things go drastically wrong. If you just take 30 seconds to think things through, you’ll have a lot more fun and you won’t end up in the ER.
There was one episode where the lady decided that she wanted her partner to use pop rocks on her genitals. You know those candies that you put in your mouth and they pop and explode? Yah, those. But there are a few different issues here. Your genitals and the skin is thin and sensitive. Want to irritate it? This is a great way to do that. Not only that, but sugar and your genitals are not a good combination, you’re just setting yourself up for a yeast infection.
If you want to play with food in the bedroom, a few things to remember:
- Avoid getting anything with sugar internal
- If you are using sugar items around the genitals, clean them off fully before going to penetrative sex, and no a tongue usually is not good enough.
- Use items that are specifically designed for this type of play.
Another issue is that a husband and wife were playing with an anal toy and it got lost. You may wonder how it got lost but it seems that it got pushed up a little too far and then his muscles took over and moved it up even further. They could not get it out in the ER and he ended up having surgery to get it out.
Some safety ideas:
- Use toys that are designed specifically for anal use. They typically have a flared base to avoid the toy getting lost.
- If you want to use a toy that is not for anal use, put a condom on it to keep it from getting lost.
There are soooo many more things that I could write but this is a great start. And if you do end up in the ER, don’t be embarrassed to tell the Dr what happened, you will get faster and more accurate treatment.