My husband and I are both in our mid-thirties and have been married for more than a decade. Over the years we have experienced many ups and downs, including unemployment, living with family, graduate school, career changes, and infertility. The challenges we’ve encountered have made our relationship stronger. I’m truly lucky to have such a wonderful relationship.
I’m a librarian and my husband is an over-the-road truck driver, a career he started only five years ago. Instead of driving a wedge in our relationship, we have adapted to the changes, and continue to enjoy experimenting in – and out of – the bedroom.
- How old were you when you first kissed? I was a bit of a late bloomer in the dating department. I was 16 and many months before I had my first kiss – with a slightly older guy I met at a country music festival near my hometown.
- What celebrity do you think is hot or conversely, would you want to hook up with? My celebrity crush of the past few years has been David Tennant. My literary character crushes are from the same book series: the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. I can’t decide between Jamie and Roger Mac. Perhaps I’ll just take both!
- What is your idea of a truly romantic evening? Spending time with my husband – talking, touching, snuggling. Just paying attention to each other. Since he is on the road most of the week, and I work some of the weekends he is home, any time we can devote to one another is romantic.
- Have you ever used sex toys? Quite often! They are great to use alone or with your lover.
- What’s your favorite position? It just depends on how tired I am. LOL Seriously, though, I’m a fan of being on top, usually with a bullet being applied in a key spot.